We are delighted to report Qpercom Observe, our digital OSCE solution has been nominated for the Best Use of Summative Assessment Award 2019. The International e-Assessment Awards are presented by the e-Assessment Association annually. It is a great honour to be nominated alongside such innovative and market-leading assessment providers. We are thankful to the e-Assessment Association for taking the time to get to know Observe and review the role of Observe in Summative Assessment in medical education.
In December 2018, Qpercom will be 10 years in operation. To celebrate we are offering a product licence for €2,008 for one year.
That's a fully supported, unlimited year of product use, for the price of a pilot. If you have been considering moving to digital assessment or trialling a new form of digital assessment, this offer is for you. If you run OSCEs, clinical assessment, MMIs, large-scale interviews or EPAs and competency based assessment, apply now for this limited offer and see how you can benefit.
Topics: New technology, eAssessment, software development, competency based assessment, EPAs, entrustable professional activities, curriculum mapping, digitalscoring, birthday, anniversary, 10yearbirthday, specialoffer, clinicalassessment, multipleminiinterviews
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in Europe on 25th May this year is a great opportunity to open new conversations on data security.
To illustrate our approach to data security, we put together the infographic below to outline:
what we do with data, what we do with our client's permission, and what we never do with data.
Topics: eAssessment, software development, datasecurity, dataprotection, dataprocessing, datacontrollers, dataprivacy, digitalprivacy, datagovernance, GDPR2018, personaldata, digitalscoring, datacompliance, dataencryption, databackup
We are delighted to announce a medical education project by Qpercom and the College of Anaesthetists of Ireland (CAI) has been shortlisted for a total of four industry awards in 2017 and 2018. The aim of the project was to design a technological framework to support implementation of a competency-based training and assessment system for post-graduate training within the CAI. The outcome was a Data Management System for Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs), with a mobile application for recording feedback in the clinical workplace.
Adopting new technologies requires a cultural shift. These shifts do not happen overnight; they take time, for users to experience a learning curve and gain confidence in the new system. Technology use may be inevitable, but it should be managed nonetheless. Research relating to the theory of technology acceptance is ongoing and inconclusive. It refers to concepts in consumer behaviour, the diffusion of innovations, psychology and many more. With more literature available on why and less on how to, we put together an infographic to assist organisations to plan for and encourage technology acceptance.
In her diary published in 1947, Annelies Marie Frank remarked; paper is patient. It doesn’t hurry, judge, or criticise. In the world of assessment, rounds of exams and corrections generate thousands of paper forms. Paper may be readily available but it introduces a range of potential errors, draining time and financial resources. Introducing efficiencies and new learning tools can seem like a means of simply taking up more time. In reality, eassessment, emarking and digital scoring technologies significantly increase reliability and validity. In Marketing, the Diffusion of Innovation was developed to illustrate how ideas and new technologies spread in societies. The two most innovative categories are the quickest to adopt a new idea, and represent only 16% of the population collectively. How do we help the remaining 84% to adopt new technologies in a similar time frame?
For some, it does not roll off the tongue upon first hearing it. We have received many a phone call in the office for 'Qwerpercom'. To set the record straight, here’s how it goes:
Topics: eAssessment, software development, clinical assessment, competency based assessment, evidence based training, branding, quality performance competency, EPAs, entrustable professional activities